Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Great Weekend

Yes, it was a great weekend. A well-deserved, nice long weekend. Good 'ol JP has been working his little ass off and needed some time off before he flipped out on his fellow co-workers.

First, it was off to the Mariners-Yankees game. Great game. Actually, any game is great where the Yankums lose handily. In the 6th inning, the starting pitcher for the Yankees was injured. When it happened, we were screened by a beer guy, so I didn't get to see exactly what happened. When he came out of the game, I yelled "You pussy, where are you going? Get back in there." Come to find out the poor guy broke his collarbone. Yeah, I felt bad when I found that out. But then I remembered he plays for the Yankmes, so I stopped feeling bad. Sell your soul to the devil and you deserve whatever you get.



I followed that up by spending the weekend in Long Beach, Washington playing softball. Yes, we kicked a little ass. Won the tournament easily. There was really nobody there to challenge us. Here's a picture of the winning team.



After that, it was back to the campsite to drink a little beer and play a little beach football. Yes, my team kicked a little ass in that game too, not that I'm competitive or anything. Here's a picture of the participants.

After the game, I had sand in places I'd forgotten I had. Chaffing really sucks. But, then it was a drunken late night, followed by an early morning to head back to reality.

On the way back home, we stopped to help a lady that had run her car off the road. Seems she had a faulty insulin pump and had given herself too much. We ended up taking her dog to her husband, who didn't seem all that concerned. Must happen all the time.

When that was over, it was time to get back to reality. The boys started school yesterday and my "inbox" at work was overflowing.

Hopefully, this weekend will be just as fun....if not a little shorter.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?