Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I'm A Little Bit Country

Yes, that's right, JP is a hick at heart. Growing up in Central Florida (before it became North Cuba), you had no choice but to listen to Country music and chew tobacco when you played ball. It's just what you did.

As Central Florida changed in the '90s, I changed along with it. I severed my country roots and decided to see what it was like on the rock and roll side of town. I stopped listening to any music with a hint of Southern twang in it and ditched my Skoal can. So there I was a country bumpkin in the middle of a mosh pit at my first rock concert - Van Halen and had a blast. And that's how it's been for the better part of 15 years.

However, now that I seem to be mellowing out in my old age, I'm back into Country. Don't know how it happened, but it doesn't matter. I dusted off my Skoal Mint Long Cut tin and even picked up a new brand to add to my repitoire. Yes, save the lectures, I've heard them all. Lancaster is f'ing awesome stuff. It's dipped in molasses and tastes like candy. So, so good. Besides, I only chew it when I play ball. I don't do it otherwise. So shut up.

So I was sitting here trying to figure out how the hell I got back into Country music and it hit me. It has to be the women. I mean they're so much hotter than rocker chicks. I mean who would you rather do, Terri Clark or Lita Ford? Faith Hill? Or Courtney Love?

Yes, there's no contest. And I haven't even mentioned Shania Twain or Chely Wright.

I mean, my GOD!! There's no contest.

Ok, since most of you that read this drivel are women I'll give you one just so you can see where I'm coming from - Tim McGraw or David Lee Roth.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?