Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Identity, Work and Cell Phone Rage Part Deux

Last night, after I got home from the gym, drank my whey protein shake and finished watching the train wreck known as “American Idol” (gawd, I fucking hate that show), I moseyed upstairs in search of something other than “House” to watch as I can’t seem to keep a straight face because of all the promos Fox ran during the playoffs (“YOU’RE RISKING A PATIENT’S LIFE!!!”). Anyhow, since I have every station known to man (half of which I never even check to see what’s on them), I hit the HBO channels - all 900 of them. On HBO2 West, “Identity” came on. Now, John Cusack is one of my favorite actors (musta been his great work in “Better Off Dead” and “One Crazy Summer”), so I decide to give it a look-see. What a great fucking movie. Suspenseful, gory, taut and it even had a semi-plausible story when they finally brought it all together at the end of the movie. It also had an all-star cast that did a great job of acting. I mean, along with Cusack there was Amanda Peet (looking hotter than hell), Ray Liotta (always plays a good psycho), Jake Busey (looks like the bastard child of Gary Busey and Anthony Michael Hall), John C. McGinley (miscast in his role of mealy-mouthed step-dad instead of his usual role of playing an asshole), and whoever the dude was that played the psycho was excellent....I mean anyone that can get his eyes to flitter back and forth like he did without coming away with a massive migraine deserves an Oscar. I won’t give away the movie, in case you haven’t seen it. Just suffice it to say that the Hitchcockian twist it takes at the end I didn’t see coming, even if I did figure out who the killer was long before it was revealed. It’s definitely worth watching. Except for you, Jay. Pussy.

Well, my last day here at my current firm is rapidly approaching. I have been pretty diligent in getting work off my desk in an effort to make the transition go smoothly for Vicki and everyone else here. When I left my last firm, I already had this gig lined up and gave them a month’s notice. I forgot how nice it was not to have to look over your shoulder every second of the day. I mean, I adopted the attitude of “What are they gonna do, fire me?” I’ve been getting my work done, but I haven’t been killing myself to do so. It’s also nice to be able to fuck with whomever you want without fear of getting fired. Having a sexual harassment suit brought against me is a totally different story, but getting fired? Pshaw! Too bad it’s back to looking over my shoulder next week at my new firm.

Since this is my last week here, I’ve been skipping my mid-morning workout in favor of going to my favorite lunchtime-type places, since I won’t be in this area for work anymore. Instead, I’ve been going to the gym around 7:30 in the p.m. The gym by my house is smaller and infinitely more crowded than the one by my office. It’s a younger set than the gym I used to belong to, which is pretty cool. The only thing that isn’t cool about it is that the majority of them just loooooooove to talk on their cell phones whilst working out. What the fuck is this all about? Are you there to work out? Or are you there to talk on your cell? Not only do they talk on their cells, they do so while laying on whichever apparatus they’re going to use if/when they ever decide to shut the fuck up and work out. The least they could do is stand off to the side and make their calls. My cell phone goes in my gym bag and gets left in my locker. Sorry, I would like to get my work out in and be home before dawn. Of course, the majority of the people doing this are frickin HUGE, so it’s not like you can say anything to them lest you get pummeled by a dumbbell with a dumbbell. But to all you dolts out there reading this that feel the need to talk on your phone at the gym, DON’T. It’s not only incredibly tacky, but rude and disrespectful to all the people there that are on a schedule. I only have so much time to stretch, lift, do cardio, stretch and get home so I can unwind and fall asleep at a reasonable hour. Just hang up your damn phones and work out. Or talk on them AWAY from the machines. Thanks in advance.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?