Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Chip, All I Need Is A Fucking Battery!!!!

In response to my request for a battery, here was Chip's reply:

There are other factors which could contribute to rapid battery drain. Your machine is not that old, so the battery should be fine. I'll need to look over your laptop and recondition the battery prior to placing an order for a new battery. Batteries are quite expensive.

I'll schedule a time to check over your machine within the next couple days, best during the lunch hour.


Yes, Chip, the machine is less than two years old. However, I use the battery every single day, so it's used more often than other's batteries here.

And another thing, Chip, I don't want you to "recondition" my battery. I want a new fucking battery. Batteries aren't THAT expensive. Hell, we just spent close to $50,000 on hardware upgrades and software packages. I don't think a $100 battery is going to break the fucking bank. Quit nickel and diming this place to death. You have no problem ordering all the attorneys here $600 cell phones and $2000 "copier/scanner upgrades," but bring in an old, used scanner for our secretary and give me shit about a battery? Fuck, dude.

As for checking my machine over the lunch hour, abso-fucking-lutely NOT. Every fucking time you touch my deck, it doesn't work and you have to "patch" it for the next 4 hours. I work on my computer. I don't have time for you to fix it during the day. Feel free to fix it at night, when I'm not here. Thanks.

Ok, I didn't e-mail him that YET, but I feel a little better now.

|
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?